That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Monday, July 16, 2007

二日酔い

Phew. This weekend was pretty busy all things considered.. and the congo didnt manage to ruin any of it! Woot!

I just realized I cant remember Friday at all.. but im sure it will come to me..

Anyway, Saturday Alex and I got all dressed up and went into Osaka for some shopping/dinner with the homie. The shopping was a total let down, and it poured rain and was supposed to typhoon, but it was all so-so ok. Then in the evening we found the homie, and had a REALLY funny couple of hours eating dinner and gossiping about everyone at school - from the other students, to the teachers, to the administration. It was SO great. Apparently she hates the wig too, and is even less of a fan of Fujiwara than we are. It all confirms that the Homie kicks serious bum, and I will try to email her sometimes when we`re home, i think. We went home semi-early because of the typhoon (after ten-ish all the trains had been stopped due to v. strong winds). It typhooned all night and was alright again by morning. Thankfully.

Then Sunday I went to Kyoto, technically to see Gion Matsuri (festival) but really to get my present shopping done. (its mostly done now, thank god) When the shopping was all over I saw the festival - and although it was packed with people, it was still pretty neat.

Yesterday after school we all as a class went to hang out for the first time, which was really really lovely. A couple of the girls didnt come along, but we still had a nice time - we had kaiten sushi first, then alex and hitsu had to go home, and the rest of us bused to hirakata to go drinking, which was a hysterical time all around. I had conversations with Cho-san and Jo-san, for pretty nearly the first time, and it was neat, although i dont agree with them on everything. Cho got v. v. drunk, and kept trying to tell Hana about Scottie`s feelings.. which was embarrassing for all of us, but also a little funny. Everyone but me ate horse sashimi.. Scottie made neighing noises, but after a few beers we convinced him to eat some.. and i took pictures, lol. Scottie also spoke japanese with a hick american accent, which was quite funny, and all in all it was probably the most laughs ive ever gotten from Scottie this year.

On an unrelated note, there are days I would really like to strangle my mom. She sent me another email that honestly made me yell at the computer. After asking me how my packing was going (she already knows how stressed I am about getting everything home..), shes like "Do you remember that store where I bought the kimono for your dad? (side note: i dont) Would you stop by there and pick up one for your brother too? Dads was a bit big, so a 61 would probably be right for derek. And something with a bit of a geometric pattern, ok?" ....... Yep, no problem mom, Ill just swing over to that store thats somewhere in a huge shopping area, which i have to train an hour to get to, to pick up a heavy and bulky kimono for my little brother, which will be no problem at all to cram into my already full suitcases, and which he will probably wear once for show and then leave to get dusty in his closet for the rest of its days! No problem at all! I mean.. would it kill her to say "please" at least?
And I have had several other emails along the same lines. Uck.

Also, since we were out drinking last night, and had class this morning, everyone was a little bit late.. eventhough I was definetly not the most drunk person there, it looks as if i am the only one feeling any after effects.. boo 二日酔い! 

And in actual news, there was a really big earthquake up near tokyo on monday.. a level 6, which is house destroying, potentially. There are a bunch of crappy side effects.. including nuclear stuff doing a bit of leaking..but it wasnt as bad as earthquakes have been before here, so im sure theyll bounce back pretty quick.

Phew.. ok.. I think im all talked out now. Home soon! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

2 Comments:

  • YAY! Home soon I am very excited. typhoon sounds like fun but scary at the same time:S But I am off to work :P

    By Blogger Cole, at 5:46 PM  

  • Are you home yet?

    By Blogger Jayson, at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home