That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh Crap.

Everything is as usual here, visiting with mom is going fine, school, etc etc.

However, in attempting to pack the empty suitcase mom brought to take back some of my winter things, I have discovered a problem. How in the name of crap am I going to get all my shit home? United and Air Canada, both of which I will be using to get home, have changed their baggage weight allowance to Japan. When I came here, going to brazil, japan, etc, your bags were allowed to weigh up to 70 lbs, as opposed to the normal 50. And my bags weighed about that much. Now theyve decided that people going to/returning from Japan have to revert to the normal 50 lbs, regardless of when they booked their tickets. So not only do I have the original 140 lbs of shit, I also have all the stuff Ive bought and recieved and accumulated over ten months, which, in case you were wondering, is a frack of a lot. I tried to pack moms suitcase full of everything heavy, but she has to abide by the same baggage rules, and even when i packed it so full of textbooks, etc that it weighed about as much as a suitcase full of cement, I still had stuff left over that i want to send home before me. AND shes bought presents and stuff, so that all has to fit into the damn suitcase too. So my options are... er.. lose a ton of stuff, pay a lot of money in either overweight baggage charges or postal services to get it all home or.. er... well, im going to attempt to find out how to send it home by boat, but we`ll see how it goes. But if someone wants to figure out a better way, such as perfecting a star trek-esque beamy thing, i would be ALL for it. Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

  • Okay, this is what I did when coming home from Victoria with all my text books and crap. Look sad for the flight attendant (which in my case was female), say "oh... but I didn't know", and then allow her to say "that's fine, don't worry" giving you the extra weight allowance on your baggage!! Just... wear something that shows off your cleavage and hope you get a male, or even a lesbian, flight attendant... and look really sad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

  • Oh, and I'll get right on the teleportation device, but I make no promises... since my knowledge is mostly in biochemistry... and not theoretical physics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home