That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

feeling almost mouldy

Hee hee.... anyone who gets the pun in the title gets a pony.



Anyway, that only-me-getting joke aside, today was a tiny bit on the crap side. Yesterday I dropped my mom off at the airport, and everything went fine, it was nice. Then on the hour and a half train ride home, a very cute american boy going from the airport to osaka sat next to me and we made conversation for the hour into osaka, which was fun. Part of the conversation was things he had missed about Japan, and the things I was going to miss, and it made me feel a bit nostalgic, and not all anti-congo. So I thought that since the day had gone so well, and I felt all warm towards the congo, that it was letting up a bit, and maybe we could be friends again. Turns out it was just luring me into a false sense of security. Lovely. I reach Nagao station, and realize that my bike, which I had parked outside of the station the day before (like everyone does), had actually been towed. There was a scare about this some months ago, and they had just moved my bike to make space, but this time it was really towed. wtf. So since its my host dads bike, and i was loathe to admit to him that i got his bike impounded, i went panicked to Alex, who got his host mom on it. That lady is SUCH a saint. She took me to the lot this morning before school, and for 15 bucks i got the damn thing back. So that was one problem solved, and much less painfully than i thought, at least.



Now, its the rainy season here, which seems to involve not so much rain as unbearably humid and hot days. With the stress on humid. Just sitting down in the house makes you sweat, no lie. Honestly, being here makes the term "bathed in sweat" seem a lot less like an exaggeration. Ugh. So i biked home from the bike lot, had time for the coldest shower ever before school, which was a plus. And then, the congo strikes again. I go upstairs for face wipey things, and discovered that although they themselves are supposed to be anti-bacterial, they have grown mould in the last two days due to the bloody humidity. Eww. I fear for the candy I have stashed in my room. But really, its so damn humid. Its the first thing anyone says to anyone else, teachers, students, everyone. Biking is so much harder.. even walking, you feel as if there is no actual oxygen in the air. Garg.



Plus of today? Alex and I invited our favourite teacher, the Homie, out to dinner before the two of us go home, and she accepted with glee. Second block teacher let us out early. I handed in my sheet for the office monkeys and they didnt freak out. Culture teacher though.. assigned us an essay with the theme of "the sadness of my country" ... hey guys? whats the sadness of canada? the way he told us the length of the paper made me think of Harry Potter though - 30 characters wide by 40 characters long. Hee hee.. anyway, if i hold still much longer im sure ill mould too, so im going to hide in my room with the ac on.

3 Comments:

  • I HATE humidity... so much. Us northern BC ppl don't really get the concept of humidity untill we leave. In ontario it was the worst... you lay on top of your blankets and woke up to find out you had soaked them. Ewe. My favourite trick for beating the heat tho... putting a wet face cloth in the freezer, then you can throw it in your back pack or w/e, and part way through the day you can have a nice cool wipe down :)

    By Blogger Dez Dez, at 3:08 AM  

  • Rubbing alcohol can help you stop sweating. It's my personal trick, since I'm a pretty sweaty guy.

    By Blogger GopherX, at 7:50 AM  

  • Rubbing alcohol can also kill layers of skin since it will suck the moisture out of the cells.

    Oh, and your wipes may be antibacterial, but that doesn't mean that they'll kill fungus... for that you'd need something antimycotic (fungicidal). Since mold (true mold, not the slime molds) is composed of many different types of fungi, antibacterial substances will have no effect on them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home