long-winded update, or something
hello my tiny chums! since the in the last little bit i have not said much, i thought i would ramble at my blog for a bit, eventhough! nothing interesting is really going on.
Summer has arrived in the congo! It is blisteringly hot here - 28 the last two days - and everything, bugs and plants and stuff, is out in force. Have I mentioned how enormous bugs are here? I have to have a closer look to figure out if something is a bird, a butterfly, or a giant weird flying bug thing. And, speaking of bugs, today, a kid in one of the other classes was bitten by a mukade (see - huge poisonous centipede) that was just wondering around one of the classrooms. Lovely. He had to go to the hospital, since untreated the bites can get pretty serious. This is like my worst nightmare. I will be paranoid about floors for the next two weeks.
But, May is my favourite month of the year, and i am enjoying everything being so green and bloomy. The weather is walking a fine line though.. Its gorgeous, but if it gets any warmer i will be complaining, im sure. Already I have to leave my windows open at night, and cant sleep with blankets on. Humidity is supposed to get much higher next month, when rainy season kicks in. Lovely. Im hoping it wont be too bad.
Last week in essay class mine was the example read aloud to the class, so go me. This week I wrote about religion, which i never thought id find myself writing about, but i needed something to fit with the theme, and that was the best i could do. Oh! I wrote you guys a love letter! We had to write one in class, and so i combined you all into one person, and wrote the collective a love letter. It was sappy, and the ending sucked, but she liked it anyway, i think. In other news the Shadow (essay teacher) has no sense of privacy whatsoever. In my weekly email hw to her, i mentioned I went to Osaka to see Rich, and in the reply, she asked if there were any "developments". And the questions she asks us in class are along the same lines. Its amusing though, at least. Otherwise class is the same. Boring as hell, and im not learning much (or much that is useful) but im trying my best not to feel like the time is dragging by.
Oh and on the Rich front... Yeah.... Ive seen him a few weekends here and there - this weekend he gets back from Shikoku, so im going to see him Saturday... but i think i will be a bit on the relieved side when he goes home in three weeks - being whiny and annoying doesnt leave me much energy to be... er.. likeable or whatnot... and i think he`s more into this whole thing than i am, which leads to me wanting some breathing room, and him not getting it. So.
Im still dreaming about home. A week ago I dreamt we all went somewhere for pizza, and i was saying how happy i was to be home, and to have real pizza too. And then I was like "gee, that last few months went by qui... DAMN! Dreaming again!" But was I more sad about you guys, or the pizza? Hee hee.
One day when i was really homesick, I made a list of things that were keeping me hanging onto my sanity (by a thread). Top of the list? Sudoku. I bought a book of sudoku puzzles ages ago, and it has been entertaining me ever since. I sudoku instead of reading before i sleep, sudoku through classes when they go really slow, and sudoku between homework and dinner. Really, i am a huge fan, and not just because im afraid of what i might snap and do if i didnt have sudoku around to keep my mind on other things. So! Im into the really hard puzzles at the back of the book, go me again. (Im sad and pathetic, i know)
Anyway, I think that is about the gist of stuff. Oh! Congratulations to Cole, for getting into film school. I will miss having you in Pg, boyo.
Alright, it is really fricking hot in the computer room, so im going to leave it at that. Now, what have you guys been up to?
Summer has arrived in the congo! It is blisteringly hot here - 28 the last two days - and everything, bugs and plants and stuff, is out in force. Have I mentioned how enormous bugs are here? I have to have a closer look to figure out if something is a bird, a butterfly, or a giant weird flying bug thing. And, speaking of bugs, today, a kid in one of the other classes was bitten by a mukade (see - huge poisonous centipede) that was just wondering around one of the classrooms. Lovely. He had to go to the hospital, since untreated the bites can get pretty serious. This is like my worst nightmare. I will be paranoid about floors for the next two weeks.
But, May is my favourite month of the year, and i am enjoying everything being so green and bloomy. The weather is walking a fine line though.. Its gorgeous, but if it gets any warmer i will be complaining, im sure. Already I have to leave my windows open at night, and cant sleep with blankets on. Humidity is supposed to get much higher next month, when rainy season kicks in. Lovely. Im hoping it wont be too bad.
Last week in essay class mine was the example read aloud to the class, so go me. This week I wrote about religion, which i never thought id find myself writing about, but i needed something to fit with the theme, and that was the best i could do. Oh! I wrote you guys a love letter! We had to write one in class, and so i combined you all into one person, and wrote the collective a love letter. It was sappy, and the ending sucked, but she liked it anyway, i think. In other news the Shadow (essay teacher) has no sense of privacy whatsoever. In my weekly email hw to her, i mentioned I went to Osaka to see Rich, and in the reply, she asked if there were any "developments". And the questions she asks us in class are along the same lines. Its amusing though, at least. Otherwise class is the same. Boring as hell, and im not learning much (or much that is useful) but im trying my best not to feel like the time is dragging by.
Oh and on the Rich front... Yeah.... Ive seen him a few weekends here and there - this weekend he gets back from Shikoku, so im going to see him Saturday... but i think i will be a bit on the relieved side when he goes home in three weeks - being whiny and annoying doesnt leave me much energy to be... er.. likeable or whatnot... and i think he`s more into this whole thing than i am, which leads to me wanting some breathing room, and him not getting it. So.
Im still dreaming about home. A week ago I dreamt we all went somewhere for pizza, and i was saying how happy i was to be home, and to have real pizza too. And then I was like "gee, that last few months went by qui... DAMN! Dreaming again!" But was I more sad about you guys, or the pizza? Hee hee.
One day when i was really homesick, I made a list of things that were keeping me hanging onto my sanity (by a thread). Top of the list? Sudoku. I bought a book of sudoku puzzles ages ago, and it has been entertaining me ever since. I sudoku instead of reading before i sleep, sudoku through classes when they go really slow, and sudoku between homework and dinner. Really, i am a huge fan, and not just because im afraid of what i might snap and do if i didnt have sudoku around to keep my mind on other things. So! Im into the really hard puzzles at the back of the book, go me again. (Im sad and pathetic, i know)
Anyway, I think that is about the gist of stuff. Oh! Congratulations to Cole, for getting into film school. I will miss having you in Pg, boyo.
Alright, it is really fricking hot in the computer room, so im going to leave it at that. Now, what have you guys been up to?

3 Comments:
yaaaay Andrea, the sudoku champion! hehe. when you come home we will definitely have to go out for a pizza party! it will be exciting, I am sure. odd coincidence: my mom met a hot british guy when she was off galavanting around the world (on a cruise) and is sorta seeing him. so yeah... and since I've seen comments on my blog you must know sorta what's going on in Craig-land. though I hardly ever update it. but then, nothing new ever happens. I think I'm gonna go update now, actually. :D love you andrea!
By
Craig, at 10:45 PM
awww he loves you! damn that is some hot weather. Scary bugs too. you really do live in the congo and thanks for the congrats:D
By
Cole, at 11:45 AM
You should try to capture some of the bugs and bring them back to see how Japanese bugs fare against Canadian bugs in a fight to the death.
*runs off to collect bees and spiders*
By
GopherX, at 11:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home