That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hello again, tiny chums! Once again I am here to ramble, eventhough I still have nothing interesting going on. Lets see.. To start with, Wednesday we had our first essay class test, which means I wrote an essay in class, but it actually counted for something this time, which is a nice change. And, in the interest of originality, and also keeping myself entertained, I wrote my essay about my epic struggle against the phelgm lady. Really, I was pretty impressed with how it turned out, and even if Shadow (thats my teacher, have i explained that?) doesnt get it, she cant fail me for not getting it, so!

Friday night I went to see Pirates 3. I loved it, although the end made me a bit sad. And seeing the giant Harry Potter cardboard cutouts made me get all excited for the new movie and book, and im very frustrated that I dont have my books here! Boo! Im thinking I may make my mother drag the sixth book here when she comes, so i can have it fresh in my mind for the new book. I rented the fourth movie, and cant wait to watch the damn thing, but hiroe has snagged the tv out from under me. grrr. I did finally see the lost sailor moon episode though. the one with sea monsters that never got english subtitles, or included in the region one dvds. It was interesting, anyway, and I got 90% of it with no subtitles, so that is nice. Also, Ive been playing a few video games in Japanese, which is fun.

and reading Jen Garfields blog, I have come to realize that her taste in music is very, very good. I finally listened to a Death Cab for Cutie song - that being "tiny vessels" - and found it to be seriously awesome. I will be all over their stuff when i come back to the land of cds not costing 25 bucks a pop.

Oh, and just so looking back on this, i dont forget, i will tell you the story of tuesdays wig-class. We were discussing the diference between things that have a word in japanese, and a word of the almost same meaning in english, and when you use which. For instance, gohan (rice) is served in a bowl, while rice is served on a plate. (Retarded, i know) For posterity, Alex HATES miso soup. He ate it every morning for breakfast (soup is not a breakfast food, japanese ppl, its just not), and then one day could eat it no more. So, wig asks us the difference between Miso shiru (miso soup) and soup. And alex blurts out beside me (in english, mercifully) "soup is food!". I snorted hysterically for a bit, but fortunately no one pays attention to the wig, so it was fine. In case youre actually interested in the difference (I wasnt, but maybe you are?) Its that soup is eaten with a spoon, without slurping, and miso shiru is sipped straight from the bowl, complete with slurping sounds. Frack me I hate that class.

Now, I know ive said this several thousand times before, but it is coming up to the time of me thinking about prezzies. If you have requests, please say so, or else suffer the fate of possibly getting stuff you dont like.

Anyway, thats about all, so. Au revoir, tiny chums.

1 Comments:

  • When you say tiny chums, it makes me think of the Tick.

    By Blogger Jayson, at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home