That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Friday, November 24, 2006

everything is connected! no, really!

It seems like i cant be here a day without running into something strange that i know from somewhere else. If its not a completely useless kanji i learned from manga, then its some jpop song i thought had died ages ago that i still know on tv - the other day there was background music from sailor moon on tv, as background music for something else.

So, ok, im on youtube trying to find a movie in which junichi okada has acted in, and it keeps bringing up some random skit show i dont know. I do a little research and realize that the very cute junichi okada is in some ancient boy band called V6, and that they have a tv skit show, among other things. Now, if you are Jen, you will know how this is connected to something i knew before i came here. V6 did the first theme song to Inuyasha, "change the world", which i recognized as soon as i heard it again. This may seem useless and boring to everyone else, but i am facinated. (am i also a little embarassed about having a thing for a guy in a boyband? you bet.)

It never ceases to amaze me how things i learn because i am interested in random jpop and such type things, become useful later. Several times, words or kanji i have looked up in order to understand pop songs have come up on school vocab lists a few weeks later. Jen, remember what sam told us? from Repo man (i think) about the plate of shrimp? Yes. i am seeing that everywhere i go now.

cease randomosity!

3 Comments:

  • Inuyasha! I heard that was just DBZ for girls.

    I tried it for a bit, but I couldn't get into it because it was all english dubbed.

    Maybe the Japanese culture can actually hold their attention onto something for more than 30 days. Yay for them!

    By Blogger Jayson, at 1:50 PM  

  • OMG...it is DBZ for girls! That's amazing!

    So...what I want to know... If t his is all connected, how does it trace back to my penis?

    By Blogger GopherX, at 4:09 PM  

  • That's very simple. EVERYTHING tracks back to your penis.
    As for V6...it's sad, as soon as you mentioned it, it took me about 5 seconds to know where it was from.
    As for the random connections...yeah, I remember what Sam said, and I know it's true because it has been happening ever since I moved here. (Hello? Let's all refer to the Brazilian wax story). Anyoo, that is freaky dude. And I am so with you.
    Everything. Totally connected. Weird.
    It's v. odd you mentioned that now as I have just finished watching the Butterfly Effect for the first time...

    By Blogger JJ, at 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home