Little things that made me happy, and sometimes annoyed.
Chronological order would be pointless, so here goes.
Happy:
Today I went with Hiroe and Okaasan to a little festival thing at Norie`s school/work-y thing - it was SO adorable. I love Norie, she is so sweet. She was showing off the stuff she does, and at the end there was a little show, and she had this funny costume, it was really cute. I finally worked up the nerve to ask Hiroe exactly what Norie has, and she didnt know the english name, but its not downs syndrome, anyway. Mayhap i will put up my pic of Norie in costume later.
A few days ago after dinner, Okaasan shows me her picture of an african child she`s sponsoring, and talks about it a little, and then says that the girl lives in Kenya, and do i know Kenya? It took all my willpower not to break into song. Of course i know Kenya! The world amuses me sometimes.
Friday night we went out for dinner, and i had the best Omu-rice. It kicked so much behind. Mushroom and shrimp and spinach. I love you Omu-rice! I will sing your praises to the world!
In Between:
Saturday the fam took me out to the countryside of north kyoto, were there is this famous village with lots of grass roof-y things. It was absolutely gorgeous, and so was the country! I took many lovely pictures and felt so happy. Norie kept taking my hand to go up the stairs and such, and it was very very adorable and lovely. Then we decide to go to this famous temple that is a bit of a drive away. Unfortunately, the whole drive is up a mountain, and the road was bumpy, and very twisty, and we had to stop suddenly alot to make sure the cars going the other way could get by. It has been a very long time since i have felt that car sick. I amused myself by figuring out how to ask Otousan to stop the car, in case i was going to be sick. But no, i felt too sick to even throw up. By the end of that god-awful drive, my whole body was weak and shakey. Ick. The worst part was that the scenery during the drive was Beautiful! and i missed it because i felt like death. Bah.
Annoyed:
Friday, Carl-sensei from the all-girls school we are going to the english thing with came to talk to us about it. He asked where we were from, and "oh, BC? Isnt that all mountains? I thought all of BC was covered by the Rockies!" I hate Americans sometimes. He also went on about how JET will usually take students from famous universities, so Yay for Julie and Scott, and oooo, too bad for us! Bastard. I wanted to like him, but just couldnt. The trip sounds fun though.
Monday we have another stupid test, which means i have to memorize another 60 or so vocab i will never remember afterwards. Bah!
On the plus side though, next week there is only class on monday.
Happy:
Today I went with Hiroe and Okaasan to a little festival thing at Norie`s school/work-y thing - it was SO adorable. I love Norie, she is so sweet. She was showing off the stuff she does, and at the end there was a little show, and she had this funny costume, it was really cute. I finally worked up the nerve to ask Hiroe exactly what Norie has, and she didnt know the english name, but its not downs syndrome, anyway. Mayhap i will put up my pic of Norie in costume later.
A few days ago after dinner, Okaasan shows me her picture of an african child she`s sponsoring, and talks about it a little, and then says that the girl lives in Kenya, and do i know Kenya? It took all my willpower not to break into song. Of course i know Kenya! The world amuses me sometimes.
Friday night we went out for dinner, and i had the best Omu-rice. It kicked so much behind. Mushroom and shrimp and spinach. I love you Omu-rice! I will sing your praises to the world!
In Between:
Saturday the fam took me out to the countryside of north kyoto, were there is this famous village with lots of grass roof-y things. It was absolutely gorgeous, and so was the country! I took many lovely pictures and felt so happy. Norie kept taking my hand to go up the stairs and such, and it was very very adorable and lovely. Then we decide to go to this famous temple that is a bit of a drive away. Unfortunately, the whole drive is up a mountain, and the road was bumpy, and very twisty, and we had to stop suddenly alot to make sure the cars going the other way could get by. It has been a very long time since i have felt that car sick. I amused myself by figuring out how to ask Otousan to stop the car, in case i was going to be sick. But no, i felt too sick to even throw up. By the end of that god-awful drive, my whole body was weak and shakey. Ick. The worst part was that the scenery during the drive was Beautiful! and i missed it because i felt like death. Bah.
Annoyed:
Friday, Carl-sensei from the all-girls school we are going to the english thing with came to talk to us about it. He asked where we were from, and "oh, BC? Isnt that all mountains? I thought all of BC was covered by the Rockies!" I hate Americans sometimes. He also went on about how JET will usually take students from famous universities, so Yay for Julie and Scott, and oooo, too bad for us! Bastard. I wanted to like him, but just couldnt. The trip sounds fun though.
Monday we have another stupid test, which means i have to memorize another 60 or so vocab i will never remember afterwards. Bah!
On the plus side though, next week there is only class on monday.

2 Comments:
YAY! that sound like awesome in a can only one class on monday:D to bad for the car sickness though, the way i get ride of car sickness is when i was little was i asked my parents to stop the car i want to take a picture of something and they would let me out of the car and i would run up to something take a photo or two walk around strech my legs then when i felt better I would get back into the car. maybe that will help nexted time.
By
Cole, at 11:59 AM
Well that sounds like you had a pretty well-balanced time. I'm glad I don't get car sick. ^_^
Oh and I know and love omurice too! I love how we're oceans apart and still eat some of the same food. Since I'm in Vancouver and all and can get that sort of thing here.
By
GopherX, at 10:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home