That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

candy/boys/books/ick

Today I ate a pumpkin kitkat.. odd, but not bad. Also today i saw the boys we had okonomiyaki with, at school. One of them (Kou-san?) was asking Alex or I to switch days with him for this field trip thing - basically we go as foreigners on parade to elementary schools - Alex ended up agreeing, which was fine until i realized that it meant I would be going to the last one alone. Not alone, but as the only english speaker. Hopefully by january i will be less at sea with the whole speaking japanese thing - or else i may be mauled by angry children. The other boy - Ive forgotten his name - i saw at lunch, and managed to be friendly and smile and such. I think at okonomiyaki he was making eyes at me, but i cant be sure.

Last weekend when we went into Osaka, we went to a massive bookstore, which had to my immense relief, plenty of books in english. I have bought myself a few new agatha christies, and am half way through the first. Also, very sad - i was all set to start my next knitting project (a bag) but i think that the changes i wanted to make to the pattern will be impossible. very sad for me. possibly instead i will knit a bikini. Today julie asked me to teach her to sew, because she has a tiny hole in her sweater. Its no problem.. but who gets to 21 without being able to fix a tiny hole in something? Am i the only person who can sew enough to mend stuff? Strange.

On the walk home I saw a construction worker peeing into what amounted to a biggish can with a funnel in the top. Ick.

4 Comments:

  • Knitted bikini? I'd pay to see that.

    I'm almost 21 and I can't sew a damn thing...well except I know how to stitch someone up, but I don't think that counts.

    By Blogger GopherX, at 11:52 AM  

  • YAY! for english books thats pretty awesome and is Is "the other boy" the one making eyes at you, hot?

    By Blogger Cole, at 1:02 PM  

  • Ummm *puts up hand* I'm almost 22 and my mending looks...well, you may rather your clothes stay ripped if I had a hand at them. Does this mean I will be put out to pasture for uselessness?

    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:52 PM  

  • Let`s see.. the boy - not unbearably hot, but certainly cute.

    Jen.. you can stay out of the useless pasture this time, but you better watch it.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home