That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

More catch-up.

So, the first giant catch up bit is down at Dec 19. go read it!

I think everything else is just pieces of stuff that amused me. Oh yes. So, a week or two ago, Norie was sick. Norwalk is going around Japan (like really going around. its everywhere), and everyone in my family has been sick but me! I have finally figured out why my immune system sucked so much in Canada - it was designed to work in Japan! I havent been sick at all since i got here, bwaha!

Apparently a few kids in the exchange program have been caught with illegal jobs. Not illegal jobs, really. Because our visas only count for students, you have to get a special permit to get a part time job. Under said permit, certain jobs are not allowed. Pachinko parlours, bars, etc. Anywhere based on gambling, sexiness of any kind, booze, or that requires you to work really late at night. Because a few morons have been caught at it, everyone in the program has to attend a meeting Alex has affectionately dubbed "Ten reasons not to work in a love hotel". We might be allowed to skip out, because we dont even have job permits - but i think i might go anyway. Eventhough it will be all in complicated japanese and i wont understand at all. I plan to go for a permit after my 2 month vacation, maybe, so it might be good so that the office people dont spaz when i do.

Also! After sending everyone mail in Canada saying that the damn internship program was cancelled, Friday they dumped papers on our desks saying that if we wanted to apply for it, deadline was Monday. Wtf. I had a look at it, and i think it will be nothing but glorified field trips. ugh. Alex and Julie cant apply, because they have already planned to be away for the whole two months vacation, and the internship is two weeks of Feb. I applied, and i will likely go if they ask me, but i really dont want to. It looks boring. However, it will sound lovely on paper.

Lately i have been reading this womens psyc book that tori amos recommended, that i have been trying to read for years and never managed. Im almost done now, and i have to say it is really making me think. Its called "goddesses in everywoman" and divides personality types into greek goddess so as to be able to better analyze them. I know its pretty boring to listen to people talk about why they do stuff and how they feel they work and stuff, so feel free to skip this bit. But i think i have figured out a key part of some of the issues ive got. I have two personality aspects (goddesses, if you will) that are totally different and at odds with each other. I cant say exactly what i mean, because my exboyfriends read this, and it would come across oddly, i think. (hi boys!) But it boils down to this. I like two completely different types of boys, and so far i have only dated from one category. So, i want the next boy to be from the other, to see what im missing. There are about a zillion other things i have been thinking about because of this book, but its complicated, so if youre really interested go read it, or ask me, or something.

I think thats all the catch up..

Vacation has started here, finally. I got my package from my parents - my mom is lovely, but insane, sometimes. She hacked into my unbc account to pay my tuition.. because she forgot that i left her all my passwords, and didnt want to ask me, or something. And she mailed me my flute (huzzah!) but all the music she sent with it sucks. I said, send the band stuff, make sure its more than just quarter notes. The stuff she sent? Eighth notes. Only. And, its stuff i never ever played. Or, its from flute choir, and its on the harmony and not the melody part. Argh. So now i have to track down real music, or something. I do love getting mail though. I got cards from various family members, and Jen sent me a package, too. The highlight? Spray cheese. I laughed so hard i thought i was going to choke to death.

Yesterday i saw Alex partway to the airport. I sure am going to miss having him around. I went as far as Osaka - Umeda station, and then spent the day shopping. I hate shopping with people here, because i always end up doing what everyone else wants to do, or feeling self-conscious about wanting to stop and look at things, so shopping alone was nice. I felt a bit lonely, but at least i got to look at whatever i felt like. I found out that i fit into some pants here! They have no butt though, so eventhough they fit they look funny. Today i may go for a haircut. Hiroe is going, and i want her help translating, so today i will look at hair pictures and try to pick something. I could always get a trim, but i feel adventurous, hair wise. Of course, when i feel like this it always ends in disaster, but oh well.

From the 29th to the 2nd we will be away from the house, so no clue if i can blog during that time. We are skiing in Nagano, supposedly. Hopefully i dont make too much of an ass of myself.
Time to eat some spray cheese! Do you think spray cheese on kraft dinner would be overkill?

5 Comments:

  • Don't try and categorize me you oppressive female goddess!

    I reject your "types" and "labels," and so should you!

    You don't need a book to understand yourself, you just need to think about it a bit!

    RWAR!

    By Blogger Jayson, at 10:25 PM  

  • i AM thinking about it, you numbskull. This book isnt telling me how i work, its giving examples of some basic female personalities, and i am figuring out which parts i think apply to me. So boo on you. Anyway, are you saying people shouldnt use books or the thoughts of others to change the way that they think about something? You heard me. Boooooooo.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 7:04 PM  

  • No, you are right. People should read more books to broaden their understanding of themselves and others and exposing them to new views of life.

    That being said, you can't only read books. You have to think aboot it too. My apologies, I thought you were just randomly following books, sort of like reading a book on astrology and following it like a SHEEEPPP! Baaaaa!


    ..........GOMMU GOMMU NOOOOOOOOO............BAAAZZZOOOKKKAAA!!!

    <_< >_>

    By Blogger Jayson, at 1:30 AM  

  • Er...so, how bout that spray cheese?! Did you really eat it on Kraft Dinner? Was it tasty or a complete abomination?

    By Blogger JJ, at 10:47 AM  

  • Spray cheese on KD is not over kill

    By Blogger Cole, at 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home