That`s MS. Terrible Foreigner to you!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

"I`m 40!"/ Night Windows.

So, the weekend was busy, as usual. But i will try to keep the rambling to a minimum. Saturday i lounged, did some grocery shopping with the Fam. Sunday was lovely - Alex and Scott and i went back to Fushimi Inari (tons of toriis - shrine gates) and hiked all over and up the damn mountain its built on. It was fantastic but my legs were TIRED. After that we got lost coming off the mountain, and accidentally found a gorgeous temple that we sneaked into unintentionally, which just goes to show how much fun we have when Alex leaves the guide book at home. Then we trekked back to the eki, caught a train, then a bus home, and went out for conveyer belt sushi to the best place ever. Every plate was 100 yen - so a dollar - and we were all tired and hungry, and mauled that sushi like crazy. And desserts too. yum. Then I stumbled home, and watched the last (to my surprise!) episode of Teppan Shoujo Akane. - The bum is not her dad, but her dads rival, her dad actually died a year ago - she runs off and cries and becomes unable to cook - shinda runs after her and tells her he loves her (i was shrieking) , she gets a package from her dads teacher, new teppan spatulas, and faces off against the rival guy and wins. A year later, she is cooking and happy and everything is good, and she is still with Shinda, even though we never see them kiss. Boo. Then i wrote some xmas cards and slept like the dickens. I had a dream Scott was coming on to me. It was weird.

But all this is beside my real point. Sunday afternoon, i went to Kuzuha early to do a little shopping before the boys and i went out. I bought a lovely chocolate melon bread and some tea, and sat down in the little park thing to eat and feed pigeons. I had my headphones in, listening to a weakerthans song (my other real point, im getting to that after). Now, in my mind, headphones in means - i dont want to be disturbed. This japanese older guy is sitting on the next bench, and over the song, i hear him talking occaisionally. I couldnt figure out who the f he was talking to. Furthermore, i heard some japanese, but it wasnt all japanese, and i had no clue what he was even saying. I looked over and he was looking at me. And talking. But it wasnt until i heard him say "Kansai Gaidai?" (a nearby university with a lot of exchange students) that i was really sure he was talking to me. Now wtf. I had been purposely ignoring this guy for ten minutes already, and he is still talking at me. And he just kept going. Sometimes in English, sometimes in Japanese, and just when hed shut up and i thought he was done, he kept going! He was talking about feeding the pigeons, and other pointless crap, and i never said anything, and he kept on going! I start packing up my things - feeding pigeons is no fun with running commentary, trust me - and he says, distinctly, "Im 40!". I nod, then leave. I mean, yes, i would like to make friends with the japanese. But that doesnt mean that i am available to provide entertainment 24hrs a day people! Frick it was annoying.

Now, night windows. This is a weakerthans song i heard for the first time when i saw them play in Edmonton. I loved it at the time, and scoured the internet looking for it, to no avail. A few days ago i just came upon a live version of it, and have been listening to it nonstop ever since. Im pretty sure Graham doesnt read this, but would someone pass this link along to him, please? And the rest of you should go and listen as well. The Weakerthans are definetly one of the best Canadian bands out there. I have honestly not been able to stop listening to this song. I am singing it in my head all the time. There are some other nice things with this link too - sarah harmer does a nice version of left and leaving, even if the lyrics are a bit off. Go on. Night windows, and maybe Utilities too.

http://bootlog.wordpress.com/2006/04/29/the-weakerthans-sarah-harmer-glen-gould-studio-toronto-18-november-2005/

7 Comments:

  • Everytime I check your blog to see if yo'uve updated, I think the title says " I'm 40"! " and i'm like, WHAT!? Who is fourty inches?!?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • Fourty inches? That'd be like 3.3 feet...Biggest. Penis. Ever.

    By Blogger GopherX, at 1:49 PM  

  • Why a penis? Who said anything about a penis, Jeremy?

    By Blogger JJ, at 10:03 PM  

  • My point EXACTLY!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 AM  

  • What else would we be talking about?

    By Blogger GopherX, at 1:41 AM  

  • height!! She could've met a midget!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • Uh huh, are you honestly saying that in your first comment you were refering to height?

    By Blogger GopherX, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home